Bring It Back: TV Shows I'd Like To Return

As an avid television watcher I've watched plenty of shows. Some are still airing, others were unfortunately cancelled or have come to an end. I wanted to share with you my list of television shows I'd like to come back, even if there is no chance!

Witches Of East End
If you really know me you'd know I have a love for the former lifetime series Witches of East End. I've joined many fans, rallying for the shows return. I've created banners that were even shared by the shows stars Mädchen Amick, Rachel Boston, and Jenna Dewan via twitter. The show was around for two seasons, I'm hoping the show will eventually be picked up for a third season by Netflix and a Netflix Original.I won't give up hope on this one!



Melrose Place 2.0
We all must admit, the reboot of the 90s classic Melrose Place was definitely a disaster! It had so much potential but for me it was a huge disappointment. Why? For many reasons. First off, killing off Sydney Andrews (Laura Leighton) in the first episode was a huge mistake! Although she, thankfully, made appearances in flashbacks she should have been the apartment manager throughout the season. Killing her off as the season finale's plot twist could have been cool, but the whole "Who Killed Sydney Andrews" storyline was a horrible first season focus. I would've liked the show to continue, in hopes they would bring back more originals like Allison Parker (Courtney Thorne-Smith), Kimberly Shaw (Marcia Cross), Megan Lewis (Kelly Rutherford), and even Peter Burns (Jack Wagner). With them returning the show would have been perfect, but unfortunately it just wasn't even close to perfect...
Lets have a Melrose Place 3.0 and forget this mess ever happened, right?!


Ringer


I've dedicated a lot of time rallying, hoping the CW series Ringer would return but sadly that never happened. The series starred Sarah Michelle Gellar and with its constant thrills and plot twists it was a much watch series of 2011-2012. I rallied with many other fans for years, and have even made a website dedicated to the rallies and the shows return, but sadly it was all a failure. The show did last for a full season at least, but sadly the CW never even released it on DVD. As much as I would love the show back I know it won't happen. All I really ask now from the CW is to release the first season on DVD finally.



Charmed
Another Aaron Spelling series and another witchy favorite of mine was Charmed. The show ended expectedly in 2006 but I think it's about time for a revival? Lets get a power of four together. Bringing the TV show back would be great, but a movie would be even greater. Who wouldn't want to see the power of three (maybe even get Prue back to make it four!)?
Although this happening is unlikely it would be pretty neat to see.

Hey at least they're still doing Charmed comics to keep it alive? Right?






Persons Unknown

  1. Another show cancelled after just one season, Persons Unknown. Think of it as a better version of Under The Dome. The NBC series was about a group of strangers who were taken out of their everyday lives. The strangers then wake up in a deserted down with no recollection of how they got there and no way out. With constant motorization they must fight to survive. It was such a great show, I'm surprised it didn't make it. The show is sadly another that isn't available on DVD, but it is on Netflix so it's worth checking out!


Those are the only shows I'm going to list for now!

- John Collins


0 comments:

Post a Comment